Berks County Public Libraries held its 17th annual awards celebration 6:30 p.m. Feb. 27 at the system headquarters on Berks Road. The awards honored outstanding library services in addition to individuals and organizations in the community for their support and contributions to the advancement of libraries in Berks County.
The award recipients from the 17th annual awards celebration are:
34 nominations from individuals and groups were submitted this year for consideration in categories such as Outstanding Local Business, Trustee of the Year, and the Dreisbach Award for Exemplary Service, among others. The Berks County Public Libraries Board of Directors selected category winners and presented the awards in front of an audience of nearly 60 people.
- Dreisbach Award for Exemplary Service—Renee Dietrich, Reading Public Library Trustee
- Trustee of the Year—Joanne Yoder, Kutztown Community Library
- Outstanding Elected Official—Shawn Raup-Konsavage, Mayor of Bernville
- Outstanding Library Director—Melissa Adams, Muhlenberg Community Library
- Outstanding Community Organization—Northern Berks EMS
- Outstanding Local Business—Snapology of Reading and Lancaster PA
- Outstanding Fundraising Effort—Under a Spell at MCL, Muhlenberg Community Library
- Outstanding Program—Explore Earth: Our Changing Planet, Muhlenberg Community Library
- Linda Baer Friend of the Year—Dian Beamesderfer, Friend of the Womelsdorf Community Library
- Chet Hagan Memorial Public Relations Award—Schuylkill Valley Community Library
For more information about each award and the 2018 recipients, visit berkslibraries.org/17th-annual-awards.