The Kutztown University Council of Trustees approved the candidates for degree in preparation for KU’s 2018 Fall Commencement to highlight the Council’s December board meeting Thursday afternoon.
Fall commencement was held Dec. 15 in O’Pake Fieldhouse. Dr. Kenneth Hawkinson, university president, and Dr. Anne Zayaitz, provost and vice president for Academic Affairs presided.
The Council also approved the awarding of a posthumous degree to Edwin Njoroge, who passed away in May 2018.
The approval of candidates was one of 11 actions approved at Thursday’s meeting. In other business, the KU Council of Trustees:
* Approved new internship agreements for KU students in the listed majors with (new internship agreement unless noted): Alvernia University, student affairs (M.Ed.); Bravo Group, Inc., academic affairs; Bright Creations Learning Center, special education; Ephrata National Bank, academic affairs; Indian Valley Family YMCA, sport management; Lehigh Valley Health Network-CB Bridges (renewal), social work; Northampton Community College, student affairs (M.Ed.); Reading Public Museum, academic affairs; Spine and Wellness Center, biology; Talen Energy, academic affairs; and The Gress Mountain Ranch, counselor education.
* Approved affiliation agreements with the following schools/non-school districts and the College of Education (renewal unless noted): Allentown Diocese, Antietam School District, Catasauqua Area School District, Daniel Boone Area School District, Early Learning Community, Inc., Eastern Lebanon County School District, Easton Area School District, Exeter Township School District, Fleetwood Area School District, Governor Mifflin School District, Kutztown Area School District, Muhlenberg School District, Northern Lehigh School District, Northwestern Lehigh School District, Oley Valley School District, Pottstown School District, Schuylkill Valley School District, Tulpehocken Area School District, Twin Valley School District, Upper Perkiomen School District, West Chester School District (new), Whitehall-Coplay School District, Wilson Area School District (new), Wilson School District.
* Approved a new affiliation agreement with Academic Programs International (API), Austin, Texas.
* Approved the renewal of Agreement of Academic Cooperation with Reutlingen University, ESB Business School, Reutlingen, Germany.
* Approved the new Dual Admission Agreement with Luzerne County Community College.
* Approved consent agenda items consisting of select purchases and contracts under $100,000, and select purchases and contracts $100,000 and over.
* Approved audit report on financial statements.
* Approved the certification of external university financial support.
* Approved a revised university strategic plan.
The KU Council of Trustees next public board meeting is scheduled for 3 p.m. March 7, 2019, in room 250 of the McFarland Student Union Building.