CALIFORNIA | The Kutztown University men’s cross country team finished 8th Saturday morning at the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference (PSAC) championship meet held at California University (PA).
For the first time in his career, sophomore AJ Kilpatrick (West Deptford, N.J./West Deptford) led the KU lineup, finishing in 30th place overall out of 146 runners with a time of 28:23.8. Kilpatrick was named to the All-PSAC Second-Team with his top-30 finish.
In a young and inexperienced lineup, with only one returning runner from last year’s PSAC championships, the Golden Bears fared well, placing six runners in the top-60 overall.
Nick DeGennero, who competed in last year’s PSAC meet, finished in 51st at 29:05.1.
Fellow freshman Andrew Sulon (Mechanicsburg, Pa./Mechanicsburg Area) and sophomore Nate Burkhart(Lancaster, Pa./Conestoga Valley) crossed the finish line at 60th and 72nd respectively, with times 29:18.8 and 30:04.9.
Shippensburg University won the PSAC championship with four runners ending in the top-eight overall. Edinboro University, Indiana (IUP), Lock Haven University and East Stroudsburg University finished the top-five team results.
Edinboro’s Austin Pondel won the PSAC individual championship, coming in first-place with a time of 26:27.9.
Two weeks after the PSAC Championships, KU will compete in the NCAA Atlantic Regionals at Lock Haven University on Saturday, Nov. 4.
30. AJ Kilpatrick (West Deptford, N.J./West Deptford) – 28:23.8
44. Xavier Gutierrez (Lancaster, Pa./J.P. McCaskey) – 28:45.8
51. Nick DeGennero – 29:05.1
52. Jared Luckanitz (Shillington, Pa./Governor Mifflin) – 29:08.6
53. Derek Barney (Oakland, N.J./Indian Hills) – 29:11.8
60. Andrew Sulon (Mechanicsburg, Pa./Mechanicsburg Area) – 29:18.8
72. Nate Burkhart (Lancaster, Pa./Conestoga Valley) – 30:04.9
74. Chris Coates (West Chester, Pa./Bayard Rustin) – 30:09.0
104. Teagan Fortna (Doylestown, Pa./Central Bucks West) – 31:23.4
112. Derek Domsicz (Mohnton, Pa./Governor Mifflin) 32:18.1