As first-year students embark on their college experience, they will all take part in Loyola’s living-learning program, Messina.
The common text for Messina is Just Mercy, by Bryan Stevenson. The book, a compelling first-hand account of a lawyer who defends the poor and wrongly condemned, speaks to the inequality in the justice system.
The following local students are Loyola’s newest greyhounds and indicated that Loyola can release their directory information:
- Devon Garner from Birdsboro
- Sarah Thompson from Douglassville
- Gianna Walker from Douglassville
Class of 2021 by the numbers:
- 8%: students who attended Jesuit high schools
- 10%: legacy students
- 16%: first-generation college students
- 21%: students of color
- 29%: students who enrolled test optional
- 1,031: total students enrolled