Megan Conley Murphy of Leesport Named to Clarkson University’s Dean’s List
Megan Conley Murphy of Leesport, Pa., a sophomore majoring in mechanical engineering, was named to the Dean’s List for the fall 2017 semester at Clarkson University.
Dean’s List students must achieve a minimum 3.25 grade-point average and also carry at least 14 credit hours.
Wilkes University Announces Dean’s List for Fall 2017 Semester
Wilkes University Provost Dr. Anne Skleder announced the Dean’s List for the Fall 2017 Semester. To be named to the Dean’s List, students must obtain a minimum 3.4 grade point average and carry at least 12 credits.
- Sarah Ahearn of Blandon
- Amanda Bialek of Fleetwood
- Taylor Brusca of Birdsboro
- Jonah Kramer of Reading
- Daniel McLean of Bernville
- Alex Ponce of Oley
- Brian Schumacher of Fleetwood
1/23/2018 | Men’s Track and Field
KUTZTOWN | Kutztown University sophomore Kyle McLaughlin took first place in the high jump with a personal-best Friday afternoon, earning him this week’s Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference (PSAC) Indoor Field Athlete of the Week on Tuesday afternoon.
McLaughlin won the high jump at Friday’s NYC Gotham Cup. He finished at 6-10.25 (2.09m), a career-best that puts him with the second-best jump in school history. It places him second in the PSAC this season and 16th in the NCAA Division II with his provisional height.
The Golden Bears return to action this Friday, Jan. 26, when they travel to Lewisburg for the Bison Open at the Gerhard Fieldhouse, beginning at 4:30 p.m.
Kutztown Borough Police Department blotter
Jan. 21, 2018
- Police arrested Jason Hoffman, 22, of Macungie, for violation of the borough peace and good order ordinance following an incident that occurred in the 100 block of W Main Street.
Jan. 23, 2018
- After completing their investigation, police arrested Jordan Lord, 22, of Hamburg, and Jarred Lord, 22, of Hamburg, for simple assault and harassment/physical contact following an incident that occurred in the 100 block of Wentz Street.
- After completing their investigation, Police arrested Jeffrey Viro-Reimel, 22 of Lansdale, PA for Criminal Mischief/Tampering with Property following an incident that occurred in the 00 block of South Whiteoak Street.
- After completing their investigation, Police arrested Paul Screvane, 34, of Kutztown, for false report to law enforcement authority following an incident that occurred at a residence in the 300 block of West Main Street.
Jan. 25, 2018
- Police arrested Kyle McDonnell, 20, of East Stroudsburg, for violation of the borough noise ordinance following an incident that occurred at 326 West Walnut Street. A disruptive conduct report was also issued.
Dr. Benjamin Rusiloski, Delaware Valley University’s vice president for academic affairs and dean of the faculty, announced the following students have been honored for academic achievement by being named to the Fall 2017 Dean’s List.
- Natalie Hoffman of Reading
- Nicholas Pietrobono of Reading
- Ashley Rice of Leesport
- Jonah Eckert of Hamburg
- Moriah Galloway of Shoemakersville
- Taylor Boyer of Bernville
- Victoria Behm of Fleetwood
- Amelia Fox of Douglassville
- Alicia Crawford of Hamburg
- Christa Daley of Birdsboro
- Kacie Jones of Reading
The following students have been named to the Dean’s List at the University of New Hampshire for the fall 2017 semester.
- Lauren Diggan of Reading, with Highest Honors
- Jacqueline Klombers of Reading, with Honors
Students named to the Dean’s List at the University of New Hampshire are students who have earned recognition through their superior scholastic performance during a semester enrolled in a full-time course load (12 or more graded credits). Highest honors are awarded to students who earn a semester grade point average of 3.85 or better out of a possible 4.0. Students with a 3.65 to 3.84 average are awarded high honors and students whose grade point average is 3.5 through 3.64 are awarded honors.
Kutztown University has conferred degrees on more than 475 students during the summer, fall and winter semesters.
Kutztown University announces degree conferment twice a year, once in the winter and once in the summer. Commencement exercises are held in May and December; however, students finish the requirements for graduation throughout the entire year. The following students have been awarded degrees since the spring 2017 announcement.
The cumulative grade point average necessary for honors distinction is: with honor (cum laude) 3.40; with high honor (magna cum laude) 3.60 and with highest honor (summa cum laude) 3.80.
Students listed multiple times have been awarded more than one degree; local graduates included: Continue reading “Kutztown University Announces Degrees”
Jan. 16, 2018
Police arrested Brandan Hagerty, 19, of Denville, N.J., for Violation of the Borough peace and good order ordinance following an incident that occurred in the 00 block of E Main Street.
Jan. 17, 2018
After completing their investigation, Police arrested Desmond Evans-Harrell, 22, of Pottstown, for driving under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance and for careless driving following an incident that occurred in the 100 block of West Main Street.