Venus Cabrera Honored as Scholar-Athlete
Sophomore Forward Venus Cabrera of Reading, PA was Cedar Crest College’s representative on the Lehigh Valley Small College Basketball Scholar-Athlete Team at the organization’s second luncheon of the 2017-18 season, hosted by DeSales University.
“Venus is exactly what you think of when you think Student-Athlete,” commented Head Coach Kristen Karat. “She is the Valedictorian of her class and a captain on our basketball team. She is a great role model, not only for her teammates, but for the entire student-athlete population at Cedar Crest.”
The Lehigh Valley Small College Basketball Organization is made up of the six small college schools in the Lehigh Valley including NCAA Division II schools East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania and Kutztown University of Pennsylvania and NCAA Division III schools Cedar Crest College, DeSales University, Moravian College and Muhlenberg College
Cabrera was selected by having the having the highest Grade Point Average on women’s basketball squad. During the luncheon, each school’s representative answered questions regarding off-the-court activities, favorite memories, and their future after college.
“It was an honor to be recognized today as a scholar athlete alongside Coach Karat,” reflected Cabrera. “It meant a lot to me to be able to represent a program that is dedicated to both my athletic and academic growth.”
Joining Cabrera on the Scholar-Athlete Team were Trista Cunningham of Moravian, Rachel Plotke of Muhlenberg, Angelica Bertola of DeSales, Tiffany Lapotsky of East Stroudsburg, and Taylor Thames of Kutztown.
Students Make Dean’s List at Mount St. Mary’s University
Mount St. Mary’s University is pleased to announce that 635 students earned dean’s list honors for the fall 2017 semester. They include
- Maura Brennan of Reading
- Hannah Burns of Mohrsville
- Patrick Causa of Sinking Spring
- Mary Stratton of Reading
- Drew Wertz of Fleetwood
Gavin Camlin named to dean’s list at Becker College
Gavin Camlin of Leesport has been named to the Fall 2017 dean’s list at Becker College.
More than 350 Becker College students were named to the Fall 2017 dean’s list, which recognizes all full-time students (24 or more credit hours earned for the academic year; 12 minimum each semester – September through May) whose term grade point average is 3.50 or higher with no grade below a B- and no incomplete (I) or withdrawal/failing (WF) grades.
Students Named to University of Hartford Dean’s List
The University of Hartford is pleased to announce the following students have been named to the Dean’s List for Fall 2017.
- Esther Dronyi of Bernville
- Dana Lorenz of Douglassville
Ithaca College Students Named to Fall Semester Dean’s List
Ithaca College congratulates students named to the Dean’s List for the fall 2017 semester.
- Emily Hutton of Douglassville, a Biology major, was named to the Dean’s List in the School of Humanities and Sciences.
- Hannah Bechtolt of Reading, a Communication Management and Design major, was named to the Dean’s List in the Roy H. Park School of Communications.
- Mackenzie Keefe of Douglassville, a Communication Management and Design major, was named to the Dean’s List in the Roy H. Park School of Communications.
- Jacqueline Marusiak of Reading, a Documentary Studies and Production major, was named to the Dean’s List in the Roy H. Park School of Communications.
- Rachael Geary of Oley, a Documentary Studies and Production major, was named to the Dean’s List in the Roy H. Park School of Communications.
KUTZTOWN | Led by 23 points from Rylee Derr, the Kutztown University women’s basketball team won its fifth consecutive home game and its fourth straight at Keystone Arena in the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference (PSAC) on Wednesday
evening, dispatching Lock Haven University, 73-62.
KU closed the first half on a 6-0 run with back-to-back three-pointers from Derr and Zoe Zerman, igniting the Golden Bear offense just before the break. Kutztown ripped off a 13-2 run to open the second half, in which Derr scored nine points, to put itself ahead to stay, leading 50-33 with 5:03 left in the third quarter.
Derr matched a career-high in scoring, going 3-of-7 from distance and making all eight of her free throw attempts, tallying 23 points for the second time in her last three contests. Karen Lapkiewicz made an impact in a variety of areas for head coach Janet Malouf, finishing with a stat line of eight points, six
Continue reading “Golden Bears Extend Home Win Streak to Five with Win over Lock Haven”
Amber Noecker named to YSCC All-Academic Team
Amber Noecker of Shoemakersville was named to the Yankee Small College Conference’s Fall 2017 All-Academic Team.
Noecker, a student at Paul Smith’s College who was honored for participation in women’s soccer, majors in integrative studies.
Student-athletes with grade-point averages of 3.2 and above are eligible for the honor. Forty-three Paul Smith’s students made this year’s list.
Cedar Crest College announces fall 2017 dean’s list
Students who achieved Dean’s List have earned a GPA of 3.65 or higher in the academic semester.
- Geminii Cabrera of Reading
- Venus Cabrera of Reading
- Brianna Hill of Mohrsville
- McKenzie Miller of Topton
- Madison Snyder of Lenhartsville
- Brianna Stamm of West Lawn
- Amber Stewart of Reading
- Kaitlyn Waidelich of Lenhartsville
Local Residents Named to The University of Scranton Fall 2017 Dean’s List
Local residents were among more than 1,600 students named to The University of Scranton’s Dean’s List for the 2017 fall semester. The Dean’s List recognizes students for academic excellence. A student must have a grade point average of 3.5 or better with a minimum number of credit hours during the semester to make the Dean’s List.
The students are:
- Brianna Zettlemoyer of Reading, a freshman forensic chemistry major in the University’s College of Arts and Sciences
- Katelyn Langford of Temple, a junior biology major in the University’s College of Arts and Sciences
- Erica Gleason of Wyomissing, a senior biology major in the University’s College of Arts and Sciences
- Alyssa Fisher of Birdsboro, a sophomore nursing major in the University’s Panuska College of Professional Studies
- Eva Hendrickson of Reading, a sophomore nursing major in the University’s Panuska College of Professional Studies
- Devin Limper of Birdsboro, a sophomore marketing major in the University’s Kania School of Management
- The University of Scranton is a Jesuit university located in Northeastern Pennsylvania.