KUTZTOWN, Pa. – The Kutztown University women’s swimming team sits in sixth place after the first day of the Franklin and Marshall Invitational on a day highlighted by the outstanding performance of Lindsey Brenneman in which the freshman turned in sixth all-time marks in both the 1000-free and 1650-free.
The evening’s opening event, the 200-free relay, featured the team of Katerina Parowski, Claire Frank, Alison McLaughlin and Madi Bleiler turning in a solid seventh-place finish. Parowski opened the race with a 24.99 first leg, securing a Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference (PSAC) mark in the 50-free.
Brenneman turned in a historic effort in the 1650-free, the lone individual event of the evening,
touching the wall at 18:03.78 to secure a PSAC mark in the event. Brenneman’s time in the 1650-free and her split-time 1000 meters into the race (10:51.21) are both PSAC-qualifying marks and rank sixth all-time in the KU record books.
In the 400-medley relay, the evening’s culminating event, Madi Bleiler, Bridget Perdoch, Kara Jones and Parowski turned in an eighth-place finish for Kutztown, with a time of 4:04.37.
KU will return to the pool tomorrow for the second day of the F & M Invitational, starting at 10 a.m., which will feature primarily individual events.
7. Parowski, Frank, McLaughlin, Bleiler – 1:40.57 (Parowski PSAC new in 50-free leg, 24.99, career-best)
23. Cable, Dean, Seidt, Grant – 1:46.74
8. Brenneman – 18:03.78, 10:51.21 in 1000-free split (PSAC existing/new, both rank sixth all-time)
13. Louden – 18:42.89 (PSAC new)
8. Bleiler, Perdoch, Jones, Parowski – 4:04.37
17. Seidt, Selman, Brenneman, McLaughlin – 4:11.77